Welcome to my third party unbiased Truvy Review!
There has been some buzz about this MLM company and I decided to check it out for myself.
Chances are someone approached you about their products or compensation plan and you landed here to make sure it’s legit.
The good news is I am going to walk you through everything so you can make the right decision to join or not.
So pay close attention and read this to the end.
Truvy Review (Company)
Truvy in fact used to be called TruVision health and is based out of Utah that launched back in 2014.
When TruVision Health got started, it was co-founded by Boyd Wathen and David Brown.
They are infamous for created the product called “Slim” which Plexus called “pink drink” product.
The relationship is Plexus went south and that’s when TruVision Health launched.
Boyd Wathen launched a company called Tavala in 2018 which is called Viiva today.
The about us section was vague and didn’t really talk about the executive team behind Truvy.
Truvy was co-founded by David Brown and Shawn Gibson.
Shawn Gibson was also credited as a TruVision Health co-founder.
Now as TruVision Health, they has two runs in the FDA.
First was in September 2015 that used illegal ingredients.
Second was in November 2017 where the FDA sent out a manufacturing violation warning letter.
The good news is there was no follow up action meaning TruVision Health did fix the problem.
Not sure why TruVision Hleath decided to rebrand themselves as Truvy back in May 2020 Press release:
This is a much needed “makeover” for the future of Truvy. The name Truvy retains the beloved “Tru” part of the previous brand, but is softened, and shortened with the added “vy” (meaning to compete).
It’s softer, hipper and a whole lot easier to remember than TruVision Health.
End of the day, they seem to got their act together which is a good sign regardless.
Let’s look at the products next inside of this Truvy review…
Truvy has a ton of products you can purchase as a retail customer or an affiliate.
Only issue I see is they are not really differentiating retail from affiliates:
How does my account get upgraded to an Associate?
Anytime you enroll someone or someone in your downline places an order your account will be automatically upgraded to an Associate and eligible to earn commissions and bonuses.
According to their compensation plan material, every sign up in the company is an affiliate…
I will talk about this in the final verdict.
Overall, Truvy promotes and advertises products in the weight loss and general wellness niche.
Their star flagship product is called “Truvy”:
Tru is our secret to supporting blood chemistry.
It’s our famous truFIX formula enhanced with 100% more Green Coffee Bean Extract and formulated using plant-based ingredients including Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), Magnesium, Raspberry Ketones, and Cinnamon.
Tru supports all systems of the body and makes maintaining your general health easier than ever!
Vy (pronounced vee) is a powerhouse product packed with ingredients that can make you feel more naturally energized, optimize body fat and suppress your appetite without feeling starved.
Truvy products are designed to amplify and support a healthy lifestyle.
Truvy retails for $112 for two boxes of 60 and Vy capsules.
Other products they have include the following:
- truFix – weight management that “helps you maintain optimal blood chemistry”, retails at $42.95 for a box of 60 capsules or $60 for a pouch of thirty single-serve drink sachets
- truControl – weight loss supplement “formulated with the best naturally sourced ingredients like green coffee bean extract and vitamins and minerals to help support metabolism and manage cravings”, retails at $61.25 for a box of 60 capsules or thirty single-serve drink sachets
- rePlace (brownie mix and vanilla bean)- “vegan meal replacement”, retails at $43.75 for a box of 15 pouches
- truSlumber – “supports healthy natural sleep”, retails at $35.95 for a box of sixty capsules
- truSlumber Gummy – “can be taken during the day to aid in feelings of calmness and focus or at night to help with a good night’s rest”, retails at $30 for a bottle of sixty gummies
- VitaFix Gummy – “aid in the support of your health and energy”, retails at $30 for a bottle of sixty gummies
- H&H Super Drink (elderberry, grape, pink grapefruit and watermelon) – “hydrates your body (and) also helps you maintain a healthy heart”, retails at $49.95 for a box of thirty single-serve drink sachets
- reNU – “designed to support the detoxification of the body, all while helping maintain a healthy digestive tract”, retails at $27.50 for a box of thirty capsules
- Vibrant – CBD patch that provides “emotional support”, retails at $93.75 for a box of 30 patches
- Balance – “created to support the body in balancing and metabolizing the minerals that we consume”, retails at $34.80 for a box of 60 capsules
- Harmony Patch – “wild yam extract patches … designed with proprietary patch technology for optimal female balance”, retails at $49 for a box of 24 patches
- MSM – Organic sulfur supplement for joint health, retails at $23.75 for a bottle of 120 capsules or $40 for a 20 oz. tub
- Women’s and Men’s Complete – “women’s/men’s multivitamin”, retails at $41.25 for a bottle of 90 softgel capsules
- Pycnogenol – “a powerful antioxidant that can help support overall cell health, reduce temporary muscle soreness due to vigorous exercise, as well as support the cardiovascular system”, retails at $42.50 for a bottle of 60 capsules
- Omega 3 – “supports heart health”, retails at $25 for a bottle of 100 softgel capsules
- Ubiquinol – contains CoQ10, a “fat-soluble compound involved in the production of energy with the body’s cells”, retails at $55 for a bottle of 60 softgel capsules
- Protein Cakes (blueberry cheesecake and toasted s’mores) – “resh baked protein cakes”, retails at $16.74 for a five-pack
- Protein Popcorn (salty & sweet and cheddar) – “made with whey protein isolate and has 2.5x the protein and half the carbs compared to other leading brands”, retails at $17.94 for a 10g five-pack
- truMend – “balm that contains a powerful combination of natural ingredients for the skin”, retails at $3 for travel size or $6 for large
- Clearstick – “a convenient personal nasal inhaler, infused with our CLEAR Diffuser Blend of essential oils”, retails at $5
Truvy has essential oils as well under “By Nature” branding.
You can get these products individually or as a bundle.
Another review I did on a digital MLM company is:
Alright next is the compensation plan inside of this Truvy review so pay close attention:
Truvy Compensation Plan
Truvy compensation plan pays affiliates on sales on sponsored affiliates.
Residual commissions are paid through a unilevel compensation plan that also has performance based bonuses.
Overall the company has 11 affiliate ranks in total within their compensation plan.
- Associate – sign up as a Truvy affiliate and maintain 100 PV a month
- Managing Associate – maintain 100 PV a month, sponsor and maintain two Associates and have at least five affiliates in your downline
- Senior Associate – maintain 100 PV a month, sponsor and maintain three Associates and have at least thirty affiliates in your downline
- 1 Star Director – maintain 100 PV a month, sponsor and maintain four Associates and have at least ninety affiliates in your downline
- 2 Star Director – maintain 100 PV a month, sponsor and maintain five Associates and have at least two hundred and fifty affiliates in your downline (min twenty-five outside of the two largest unilevel team legs)
- 3 Star Director – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain five personally sponsored Associates and have at least five hundred affiliates in your downline (min fifty outside of the two largest unilevel team legs)
- 4 Star Director – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain five personally sponsored Associates and have at least one thousand affiliates in your downline (min two hundred outside of the two largest unilevel team legs)
- 5 Star Director – maintain 100 PV a month, sponsor and maintain six Associates and have at least two thousand affiliates in your downline (min four hundred outside of the two largest unilevel team legs)
- 6 Star Director – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain six personally recruited Associates and have at least four thousand affiliates in your downline (min eight hundred outside of the two largest unilevel team legs)
- 7 Star Director – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain six personally sponsored Associates and have at least eight thousand affiliates in your downline (min one thousand six hundred outside of the two largest unilevel team legs)
- 8 Star Director – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain six personally sponsored Associates and have at least sixteen thousand affiliates in your downline (min three thousand two hundred outside of the two largest unilevel team legs)
PV = Personal volume which is the sales volume produced by you and your personally sponsored affiliates.
Truvy pays commissions on the sales of products to actual customers.
The difference is the wholesale pricing to retail pricing.
First Order Bonus
First Order Bonus is a residual commission paid on the first order by your personally sponsored affiliates or retail customers.
The order must be at least 75 PV or higher to count.
On top of that, if an affiliate didn’t produce at least 100 PV the month before, it won’t count…
This is paid through a unilevel compensation plan structure which pays four levels deep in Truvy:
- Level 1 (personally referred retail customers and sponsored affiliates) – 20%
- Level 2 – 10%
- Level 3 and 4 – 5%
Truvy pays all residual commissions through a unilevel compensation plan as well.
You are paid as a percentage on the sales volume produced by your downline:
- Associates earn 7% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Managing Associates earn 7% on levels 1 and 2 and 6% on level 3
- Senior Associates earn 7% on levels 1 and 2 and 6% on levels 3 and 4
- 1 Star Directors earn 7% on levels 1 and 2, 6% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on level 5
- 2 Star Directors earn 7% on levels 1 and 2, 6% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on levels 5 and 6
- 3 Star Directors earn 7% on levels 1 and 2, 6% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on levels 5 to 7
- 4 Star Directors and higher earn 7% on levels 1 and 2, 6% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on levels 5 to 8
You can earn a 10% matching bonus on your personally sponsored affiliates residual commissions.
Once you qualify for a rank, you can earn a Go Bonus during a set period of time.
- Qualify as a Managing Associate in your first month and receive $50
- Qualify as a Senior Associate in your second month and receive $150
- Qualify as a 1 Star Director in your third month and receive $300
Rank Achievement Bonus
Truvy affiliate are rewarded when you hit Senior Associate and higher with the following bonuses:
- Qualify as a Senior Associate and receive a luggage tag
- Qualify as a 1 Star Director and receive a FitBit
- Qualify as a 2 Star Director and receive an external battery charger
- Qualify as a 3 Star Director and receive a “FOCUS trip”
- Qualify as a 4 Star Director and receive a “founder signed guitar”
- Qualify as a 5 Star Director and receive a “truStory video”
- Qualify as a 6 Star Director and receive “branded luggage and passport tag”
- Qualify as a 7 Star Director and receive a “custom truAdventure”
For some reason 8 Star Director isn’t listed here…
Global Bonus Pool
Truvy takes 3% of company wide sales volume and drops it into this Global Bonus pool.
Once you hit 5 Star Director or higher, you can start getting shares:
- 5 Star Directors receive one share
- 6 Star Directors receive two shares
- 7 Star Directors receive three shares
- 8 Star Directors receive four shares
Eight Plus Star Pool
Eight Plus Star members get their own pool that makes up with 1% of company wide sales volume.
This is split between all Eight Plus Star members every month.
Cost To Join Truvy
Everyone who makes a Truvy product is pretty much counted as an affiliate.
You are commission qualified by producing at least 100 PV per month.
Unlike all the Truvy reviews out there I am going to keep it real with you…
So does the Truvy scam exist?
Are all the other Truvy reviews out there getting this right?
I will do this without biased because personally I am actually PRO MLM.
As long as they are compliant with the laws I am all for them.
Now let’s take a look at Truvy for a moment.
Being this is 2020 and the FTC has been really cracking down on MLM companies (HerbaLife and Vemma being some), you can’t have “affiliates are retail customers”.
This is pseudo-compliance.
In other words, the FTC rejected this whole “customers are affiliate” angle.
In fact, their stance on this is pretty simple…
If you are not producing more retail sales than affiliates, it’s a pyramid scheme.
Now having ALL customers as affiliates, there is no retail going on.
When it comes to Truvy products, I don’t see anything wrong with them.
What Truvy needs to do is separate their retail customers from affiliates and have more performance based bonuses on actual retail side of things int he compensation plan.
Until this isn’t addressed, I personally can’t recommend this company because it’s not playing by the FTC rules.
If you want to learn how you can take ANY business and scale it to your dreams and goals?
Partner up with me by clicking the banner below:
We will show you EXACTLY how to build a business online and customize a plan just for you.
We will help you choose a nice, setup your online business and offers that you can promote.
You can even use a network marketing company if you wish to the sky is the limit.
On top of that you will get ONE on ONE mentoring to make sure you are doing things right.
I hope you enjoyed my Truvy review and if you have ANY questions feel free to ask in the comments below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Follow me on Social media below:
See you at the top,
P.S. If you are tired of failing ANY business, click here and check this out to take your game to the next level.